Tucker the American Bulldog (my other partner in crime) has been hurling his guts out for the last couple of days. Must have eaten something iffy. So I have to make this week’s article short – I’ve got one eye on him now to make sure he doesn’t chuck up on Bella, (my favorite bean bag) while I’m talking to you. Short n’ Sweet, here it is: 5 Copywriting Tips to Write Better Sales Copy.
- Fall in love with your product or service. If you don’t love it, you can’t sell it. Ask my Mom about that one (she refuses to work with any client who doesn’t wholeheartedly believe in what they’re selling).
- Know your target market. Study ‘em, sniff ‘em, scout ‘em out. If you don’t really understand them you can’t sell to them
- Don’t ever be boring. If your first paragraph doesn’t get you all hot and heavy and lathered up into a frenzy, then don’t expect your prospects to feel any differently.
- Don’t try and impress with big fancy words. Using big words don’t make you look like a Top Dawg, they make you look like a douche. Talk so people can understand you.
- Be very clear what action you want someone to take. Should they go fetch a stick? Bark at the neighbor’s dog next door? You decide what that is, but whatever it is, spell-it-out. People aren’t as smart as you think.
That’s it from me! Adios-ruff!