Confused about what marketing to invest in? I don’t blame you. The marketing options out there are enough to make your head spin. Here’s a straight forward, plain speak list of some of my most proven marketing strategies that have got the biggest results for our private clients:
- Send a direct mail campaign to targeted homes or businesses that fit your ideal client profile. Make it a multi-step campaign (to improve your response rate). Make a low barrier, irresistible offer with a deadline to respond by.
- Create an animated sales and promotional video about your business and write to your best clients asking if you can feature them in it (of course they will say yes and you’ll be able to get glowing testimonials from them). Then hand them a done-for-them campaign to make the video viral so they can send to their own clients, friends, and centers of influence. The viral campaign to their people makesthem lookterrific.
- Buy ads on Facebook, use some powerful, emotional laden copy that really connects with them and point them to a fan page with an irresistible offer in exchange for their email address.
- Invest in some ad space in a magazine read prolifically by your target market. Run an “advertorial” (which is an ad that looks, smells and reads exactly like an article, except that it’s your dream article written about your company.” Order plenty of additional copies and send it to your high value prospects as part of a multi-media ad campaign. This is one of our most successful ad strategies used for our private clients.
- Network with other local business owners, or those who might not be your geographic market but who also service your target prospects. Create a strategic alliance and promote each others’ businesses. I’ve written extensively about this over the years and call it “piggy back marketing.” It’s one of the best and fastest ways to generate high quality leads for your business.
- Create 4-6 minute “how to videos” and broadcast them virally with a list of all your keywords and add a link to your landing page in the description.
- Buy traffic from Google (using AdWords), carefully select your keywords and write your persuasive ad copy, then point them to your landing page or website (hint: before you go spend thousands on your AdWords campaign make sure you’ve done enough testing to make sure that the pages convert well. Doing this one step has saved our clients hundreds of thousands of dollars).
Are you using all these strategies to generate leads for your business? If not what are you waiting for!